Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.
Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.
Convert every င to ၚ[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
I wonder there is Mon version of Wikipedia here. I see many articles wrongly use Burmese nga "င" instead of Mon nga "ၚ". So I propose to convert all "င" to "ၚ" on every page (as well as "င်" to "ၚ်"). This can be done by my bot if you accept. --Octahedron80 (ဓရီု) ၀၇:၁၅၊ ၁၈ အဝ်ဂေတ် ၂၀၂၀ (+0630)
- I am not accept to convert "င" to "ၚ". "င" is not Burmese nga. It is Mon "nga" as well. Mon and Burmese has shared the same characters in many centuries. If possible I would like to convert all "ၚ်" to "င်". To saying "င" is a Burmese is very narrow-minded. --Htawmonzel (ဓရီု) ၁၂:၂၅၊ ၁၈ အဝ်ဂေတ် ၂၀၂၀ (+0630)
New Beta Feature next week[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
Please help translate to your language.
The Editing team is working on mw:Talk pages project/replying. The Reply tool is one result of the big mw:Talk pages consultation 2019. Editing is planning to offer the Reply tool to your community as a Beta Feature soon, probably on Wednesday, 14 October. The Reply tool has been used to make more than 25,000 comments at about 20 wikis so far.
The Editing team is particularly interested in learning how well this works for you, especially if you find font problems.
Here's what you need to know:
- Using the Reply tool is optional. The Beta Feature will be turned off. If you want to try it, you will need to go to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures and turn it on next Wednesday (or maybe Thursday).
- There are a few things that you might want to check.
- Check mw:Help:DiscussionTools/Why can't I reply to this comment? for information about "unsigned" templates and other information.
- Some languages use a particular style for signatures. For example, Japanese does not add a space between the comment and the signature. I don't think that's the case here, but if I've guessed wrong, then you can define the signature format for all users at MediaWiki:Discussiontools-signature-prefix.
- Missing or wrong translations can be fixed at Translatewiki.net.
- If you have questions or encounter problems, please leave a note at mw:Talk:Talk pages project/replying. That's the fastest way to reach the devs.