Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.
Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.
Convert every င to ၚ[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
I wonder there is Mon version of Wikipedia here. I see many articles wrongly use Burmese nga "င" instead of Mon nga "ၚ". So I propose to convert all "င" to "ၚ" on every page (as well as "င်" to "ၚ်"). This can be done by my bot if you accept. --Octahedron80 (ဓရီု) ၀၇:၁၅၊ ၁၈ အဝ်ဂေတ် ၂၀၂၀ (+0630)
- I am not accept to convert "င" to "ၚ". "င" is not Burmese nga. It is Mon "nga" as well. Mon and Burmese has shared the same characters in many centuries. If possible I would like to convert all "ၚ်" to "င်". To saying "င" is a Burmese is very narrow-minded. --Htawmonzel (ဓရီု) ၁၂:၂၅၊ ၁၈ အဝ်ဂေတ် ၂၀၂၀ (+0630)
New Beta Feature next week[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
Please help translate to your language.
The Editing team is working on mw:Talk pages project/replying. The Reply tool is one result of the big mw:Talk pages consultation 2019. Editing is planning to offer the Reply tool to your community as a Beta Feature soon, probably on Wednesday, 14 October. The Reply tool has been used to make more than 25,000 comments at about 20 wikis so far.
The Editing team is particularly interested in learning how well this works for you, especially if you find font problems.
Here's what you need to know:
- Using the Reply tool is optional. The Beta Feature will be turned off. If you want to try it, you will need to go to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures and turn it on next Wednesday (or maybe Thursday).
- There are a few things that you might want to check.
- Check mw:Help:DiscussionTools/Why can't I reply to this comment? for information about "unsigned" templates and other information.
- Some languages use a particular style for signatures. For example, Japanese does not add a space between the comment and the signature. I don't think that's the case here, but if I've guessed wrong, then you can define the signature format for all users at MediaWiki:Discussiontools-signature-prefix.
- Missing or wrong translations can be fixed at Translatewiki.net.
- If you have questions or encounter problems, please leave a note at mw:Talk:Talk pages project/replying. That's the fastest way to reach the devs.
- The Beta Feature is available in Special:Preferences. Whatamidoing (WMF) (ဓရီု) ၂၃:၀၈၊ ၁၄ အံက်တဝ်ပါ ၂၀၂၀ (+0630)
Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned to begin 17 August 2021.
Community and staff members collaborated to develop these draft guidelines based on consultations, discussions, and research. These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. Provide comments about these guidelines by 17 October 2021. The committee will be revising the guidelines based upon community input.
Everyone may share comments in a number of places. Facilitators welcome comments in any language on the draft review talk page or by email. Comments can also be shared on talk pages of translations, at local discussions, or during round-table discussions and conversation hours.
There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:
- Wikimania 2021 session - 16 August @ 11:00 UTC - 11:45 UTC
- Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
- Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC
The facilitation team supporting this review period hopes to reach a large number of communities. Having a shared understanding is important. If you do not see a conversation happening in your community, please organize a discussion. Facilitators can assist you in setting up the conversations.
Discussions will be summarized and presented to the drafting committee every two weeks. The summaries will be published here.
If you have any questions, please contact Ramzy Muliawan, the facilitator for ESEAP region.
Voting for the 2021 WMF Board of Trustees election is now open[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three week long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.
The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community-and-affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. The Board wants to improve their competences and diversity as a team. They have shared the areas of expertise that they are currently missing and hope to cover with new trustees.
Read the full announcement.
The Elections Committee
Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.
The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:
- Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
- Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
- Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.
The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.
For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (email@example.com).
Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) ၁၅:၂၅၊ ၂၁ သေပ်တေမ်ပါ ၂၀၂၁ (+0630)
Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines review still needs your ideas and opinions[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
Hello, this is just a reminder that the Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines are open for review and comment. The Drafting Committee will start working on revisions and improvement in less than two weeks (October 17), so it is important that you give them your ideas and opinions soon!
There is now a short, simple version of the Draft Guidelines here to make your review easier. If possible, also help translate the short version into more languages!
We will also hold one last conversation hour on October 15, 2021 03:00 and 14:00 UTC.
On behalf of the Drafting Committee, much thanks to everyone who has given ideas so far. We hope to hear from more of you - the Guidelines will be much stronger if more opinions are included.
Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) ၁၃:၅၇၊ ၆ အံက်တဝ်ဗါ ၂၀၂၁ (+0630)
Voting period to elect members of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee is now open[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections. Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.
The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.
- Learn about the Drafting Committee
- Learn about each candidate to inform your vote in the language that you prefer
- We are piloting a voting advice application for this election. Click yourself through the tool and you will see which candidate is closest to you
- Vote here!
Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation
၁၇:၀၅၊ ၁၂ အံက်တဝ်ဗါ ၂၀၂၁ (+0630)
Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 4[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 4, October 2021Read the full newsletter
Welcome to the fourth issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.
If you haven’t already, please remember to subscribe here if you would like to be notified about future editions of the newsletter, and also leave your username here if you’d like to be contacted to help with translations in the future.
RamzyM (WMF) ၀၀:၅၅၊ ၁၅ အံက်တဝ်ဗါ ၂၀၂၁ (+0630)
Learn how the Implementation Grants can support your Movement Strategy plans[ပလေဝ်ဒါန် တမ်ကၞက်]
We are excited to announce the reopening of the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants. This program fund projects that advance a specific Movement Strategy initiative. The projects can be big or small, but they must all make a case for advancing one initiative.
Read all about it, what to apply for, and how to apply. Please do encourage others to apply as well.
Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) ၁၆:၅၂၊ ၂၁ အံက်တဝ်ဗါ ၂၀၂၁ (+0630)